YouTube announced today that it has reached 1 billion unique monthly users. In other words, YouTube is still a big deal! If your Region isn’t currently on YouTube, it might be something to think about.
Here’s what YouTube said in their blog post:
What does 1 billion people tuning into YouTube look like?
• Nearly one out of every two people on the Internet visits YouTube.
• Our monthly viewership is the equivalent of roughly ten Super Bowl audiences.
• If YouTube were a country, we’d be the third-largest in the world, after China and India.
• Psy and Madonna would have to repeat their Madison Square Garden performance in front of a packed house 200,000 more times. That’s a lot of Gangnam Style!
Don’t let the idea of needing to create videos scare you away! YouTube can be simple if that’s the way you choose to utilize it. If your Region decides to join YouTube, here are things you could feature in your account:
- Short videos of your Region’s opening day festivities (you could film these on a smart phone!)
- Any local television press your Region receives
- Interview happy parents and players on game day, and post a quick video of their positive reviews of your Region
- Include AYSO National commercials and interviews
- Running a promotion with a local sponsor? Ask them to create a short video featuring the promotion for YouTube and Facebook
- Filming a few tunnel, cheer and celebration shots can’t hurt. People love reliving those memories!
Remember, having a YouTube profile will give Google another thing to include in the search results for people looking for local soccer organizations. Your Region will definitely become more “searchable” with a YouTube page.